Fort Bragg area birds

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2009
      Greetings Mendobirders- Barbara Dolan, Cheryl Watson, Geoff Heinecken and
      I made a very quick trip to the coast this morning to look for the recently
      reported American Redstart and Red Knot. We met Toby Tobkin at the
      Botanical Gardens and did find a Redstart near the north trail, but not the
      singing male. We found a Yellowstart, with visibly worn flight feathers,
      in that same area. Hmmm...adult female (?)...adult male...breeding??? Our
      trip to Virgin Creek beach for the Red Knot was for naught; there was not a
      Knot at that spot.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...
    • rha632
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2014
        Today I had a Long-tailed Duck off of Ward Ave in the Black Scoter group. The Redhead continued at Lake Cleone. There was a Ferruginous Hawk on Ocean view Dr about a block west of Highway 1 (road to Pomo Bluffs). There is a continuing Merlin seen several times in recent weeks often perched about a block east of N Lincoln on Cedar near Otis Johnson Park in FB. Roger Adamson Fort Bragg