7/3 USTP birds

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009
      Greetings Mendobirders- Cheryl Watson, Barbara Dolan and I birded the
      Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant this morning. Although there is little
      shorebird habitat, with the exception of the sludge pond, birds are
      beginning to turn over out there. Most notable today were 2 (m,f)
      BLUE-WINGED TEAL, a very early SNOWY EGRET, and 6 WILSON'S
      PHALAROPES. There were about 6 each of WESTERN and LEAST
      SANDPIPERS. Yesterday, Cheryl and Barbara saw a SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER.
      Steve Stump, a very observant plant employee, reported that a WHITE-FACED
      IBIS was present on Wednesday. It was not refound yesterday or today.

      Incidentally, from now on you check in at the main office inside the plant
      gate just as we did for years. Most of the construction work is completed,
      and the Kiewit Engineering offices behind the barn have been removed.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...