Great-tailed Grackle at Rodman Slough

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 12:52 PM
      Thu, 2 Jul 2009 -- This morning I went to Rodman Slough for my third try for
      GREAT-TAILED GRACKLE, and I succeeded. I set up my scope at the green gate
      to the east of the bridge at number 1830 and scoped the rice fields and
      trees to the north. It took about 15 minutes before I saw one sitting in
      the top of a dead tree to the NW - in line with the pumphouse. The scope
      was really necessary to pull this one in from public access on dry land.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA