Mendocino college pond visit for Moorhen

  • Barbara E. Dolan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2009
      On Sunday 6-21-09 I went to the ponds where the COMMON MOORHEN young
      were seen. I saw one breeding adult foraging across from me. On
      arrival I flushed the GREEN HERON. Other birds included; SONG SPARROW,
      NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD, ,CALIFORNIA TOWHEE, SPOTTED TOWHEE, ASH-THROATED
      FLYCATCHER, BLACK PHOEBE-ONE LOOKING LIKE A FRESH YOUNG BIRD.

      Surrounding area birds included; ACORN WOODPECKER, TREE SWALLOWS
      hawking; NUTTALS WOODPECKER; LESSER GOLDFINCHES.

      I missed the floating island-it was not moving . No rattlesnake though
      I was alert due to Karen's report.

      At the Bottle brush up by the utility road North of the walk-in to the
      pond, there were numerous ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRDS, and a beautiful
      SELAPHORUS MALE that repeatedly tried to enter and feed ,but was being
      harassed and chased away. Back and out the gate at that North pond
      there were WESTERN BLUEBIRDS; MOURNING DOVES; CANADA GEESE WITH young,
      and a lone WESTERN GREBE. 7 COMMON RAVENS came down to drink. bd

      WARNING: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify HIPAA@... by E-Mail and then destroy this communication in a manner appropriate for privileged information.