Fwd: Harlequin Duck

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2009
      A single Male Harlequin on the Noyo River June 12, 2009 about 10 AM and
      again at 5PM.

      Bud Bernard
    • Cate Hawthorne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2009
        Our kayaking business is at Dolphin Isle on the Noyo, and we have been watching this harlequin duck over the past 2 years. He is one of the first migratories to appear early in the fall and one of the last to leave in the late spring. We see him almost daily including last night. Lately he has been fraternizing with the mallard drakes. In the winter, he tends to congregate with the buffleheads.

        He has a very squeaky - "rubber ducky" like voice and a personality of his own.

        We are glad that you noticed him. For those who haven't seen him, here is a link to one of my photos of him. He is such a handsome bird.

        Best of days,

        Cate

        http://www.liquidfusionkayak.com