Identification

  • dbaatlanta
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2009
      We are new at this so be patient. At the feeder today were a pair we can't identify. Slightly smaller than a Spotted Tohee. White and black racing stripes on the head. Brownish wings and light peach\orange breast. If not for the "racing stripes" on the head it would look like a small Robin. Thanks!
    • dbaatlanta
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2009
        --- In Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com, "dbaatlanta" <dbaatlanta@...> wrote:

        > We are new at this so be patient. At the feeder today were a pair we can't identify. Slightly smaller than a Spotted Tohee. White and black racing stripes on the head. Brownish wings and light peach\orange breast. If not for the "racing stripes" on the head it would look like a small Robin. Thanks!

        Thank you to all that responded! What a great group! Next time we will include the location.. Potter Valley. Mystery resolved:

        Juvenile Black-headed Grosbeak (two of them actually)

        Thanks everyone.