Nighthawk in Potter Valley

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2009
      Fri, 12 Jun 2009 -- This evening at sunset I was walking along West Road in
      Potter Valley south of the cemetery when a nighthawk flew over low heading
      for toward the western hills. It was silent, but I got a good enough look
      at the position of the white bar and the pointedness of the wings to be sure
      that it was a COMMON NIGHTHAWK. It's the first of this species that I've
      seen in Potter Valley since 10 Jun 1984.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA