Re: [Mendobirds] Re: Beginning Birder Binoculars?

  • Jeffrey Osier-Mixon
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
      I second (third? fourth?) the recommendation for Out of This World.
      Wonderful folks, a LOT of firsthand knowledge, and excellent prices.

      I bought a Nikon binoc there a few years ago for about $75 for astronomy
      viewing, and they turn out to be excellent for birding as well,
      particularly when used with the tripod mount and an easily-maneuverable
      tripod head, or at least that's the way I like to use them. (Not to
      mention sitting in an adirondack chair looking at Saturn's rings late at
      night.)