Re: Beginning Birder Binoculars?

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
      I highly recommend you go to Out of This World and get their help.
      Their customer service and their knowledge of their products is
      fantastic, and their prices are excellent. You'll want to try
      different binoculars on for fit. If you also like to look at flowers
      and insects you might consider a pair that also offers close focus.

      Kate
    • Jeffrey Osier-Mixon
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2009
        I second (third? fourth?) the recommendation for Out of This World.
        Wonderful folks, a LOT of firsthand knowledge, and excellent prices.

        I bought a Nikon binoc there a few years ago for about $75 for astronomy
        viewing, and they turn out to be excellent for birding as well,
        particularly when used with the tripod mount and an easily-maneuverable
        tripod head, or at least that's the way I like to use them. (Not to
        mention sitting in an adirondack chair looking at Saturn's rings late at
        night.)