5/24 USTP Stilts and Blue-winged Teal

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2009
      Greetings Mendobirders- Barbara and I met Cheryl Watson and Geoff
      Heinecken at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant this morning for some
      birding. There wasn't a lot of activity, but we did see a couple of nice
      birds. There were 2 BLACK-NECKED STILTS which were quite active, visiting
      any spot with shallow water. On the north pond we saw a pair (m,f) of
      BLUE-WINGED TEAL among the mallards. They had moved to the middle pond by
      the time we left. It was nice to hear the SWAINSON'S THRUSHES singing
      along the river.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482