Re:[Mendobirds] Lawrence's Goldfinches on Burris Lane

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2009
      Fri, 08 May 2009 -- This evening from 6:45-7:05 the LAWRENCE'S GOLDFINCHES
      were back at the end of Burris Lane in Potter Valley as described in the
      last post. This time there were two females and one male on the fence and
      in the orange fiddlenecks. When they land in the fiddlenecks, they
      disappear from sight and could be overlooked. A male was singing on the
      fence only about 25 feet from my car window; I don't think I have ever heard
      the song as well. It's a sweet, complex warble with some mimicry thrown in.
      I hope we can find them on tomorrow's field trip.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA