YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD - Hwy 1, Inglenook

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2009
      Fri, 8 May 2009 -- Early afternoon, I saw a male YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD
      west of Hwy 1, Inglenook, near mm 66.50, just south of Little Valley Rd.  Late morning,
      I had seen a mystery bird there, so I went back to see if it was around.  (The bird,
      reminiscent of a female Phainopepla, flew in a flight pattern characteristic of PHAI towards
      Inglenook Fen).  The YHBL also flew towards Inglenook Fen, sort of inticed by a few
      Brewer's Blackbirds).  Barn Swallows were also flying about the area.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA