Re: [Mendobirds] Black-headed Grosbeak + WTSP

    Message 1 of 16 , May 5, 2009
      Sun-Tue, 3-5 May 2009 -- We have had an adult male BHGB coming to feed
      both at our yard and the south yard (with feeders) in Ocean Meadows Circle,
      1/2 mi north of Ten Mile River for three days.

      Also, the WHT-THROATED SPARROW  is still coming to the seed as of today,
      5 May.

      Alas, I have NOT seen any of the TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS for at least
      one + week.  As I recall, the TRBL's left briefly from the pond across Hwy 1 last
      year, so hopefully they will return shortly to our area.

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile Area
      North of Fort Bragg, CA

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 7, 2013
        Sun, 7 April 2013 -- This morning Jim called me to the kitchen to see a male
        Black-headed Grosbeak feeding where I just put out seed.  I think this is only
        the fourth one for Ocean Meadows and the first time one has been in our yard.
        They don't stick around here on the bare, coastal bench for long.

        Jim and Karen Havlena
        North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca