Black-headed Grosbeak

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 16 , May 5 5:30 PM
      5 May 2009 (Tuesday) - this morning we briefly had a male Black-Headed
      Grosbeak in the front yard.

      Tim Bray
      Middle Ridge, Albion
      Message 2 of 16 , May 5 7:40 PM
        Sun-Tue, 3-5 May 2009 -- We have had an adult male BHGB coming to feed
        both at our yard and the south yard (with feeders) in Ocean Meadows Circle,
        1/2 mi north of Ten Mile River for three days.

        Also, the WHT-THROATED SPARROW  is still coming to the seed as of today,
        5 May.

        Alas, I have NOT seen any of the TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS for at least
        one + week.  As I recall, the TRBL's left briefly from the pond across Hwy 1 last
        year, so hopefully they will return shortly to our area.

        Karen Havlena
        Ten Mile Area
        North of Fort Bragg, CA

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 7, 2013
          Sun, 7 April 2013 -- This morning Jim called me to the kitchen to see a male
          Black-headed Grosbeak feeding where I just put out seed.  I think this is only
          the fourth one for Ocean Meadows and the first time one has been in our yard.
          They don't stick around here on the bare, coastal bench for long.

          Jim and Karen Havlena
          North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca