USTP 4/23

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2009
      Greetings Mendobirders: I met Dave Bengston and Cheryl Watson at the USTP
      oxidation ponds this morning. Things were pretty much as Karen described
      from yesterday except that there were 5 AMERICAN AVOCETS, and 3
      SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS. The real surprise was a pair of MUTE SWANS on the
      north pond.
      Floating languidly among their smaller cousins, they appeared so huge and
      elegant. For a brief moment we thought we heard strains of "Dance of the
      Swans" echoing through the sludge digestors...NOT!

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...