  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2009
      8 April 2009 - 12:30 PM - Chuck Vaughn & I quickly birded the Ukiah Sewage
      Treatment Plant at noon. On the exposed mudflat in the middle pod there
      were the continuing two BLACK-NECKED STILTS and one AMERICAN AVOCET. A
      GREATER YELLOWLEGS visited the mudflat but was chased off by one of the
      stilts. At least four CINNAMON TEAL and a GREEN-WINGED TEAL were among the
      numerous BUFFLEHEAD, RUDDY DUCKS, MALLARDS, RING-NECKED DUCKS and NORTHERN
      SHOVELERS. Apparently there should be more exposed mudflats in the near
      future which may provide good stopover habitat for migrating shorebirds. A
      singing WILSON'S WARBLER was along the south fence line ditch as you walk
      along the west pond. Remember to sign in and out at the contractor's
      office. Good Birding. Bob Keiffer