Loggerhead Shrike

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 1:03 PM
      5 April, 2009, Sunday--The Loggerhead Shrike found by David Jensen was refound today by Karen H. and Toby this morning. I saw it at noon today. It perched in two locations while I was there. The tip of the roof of the most Western house and a green shrub that formed a sort of triangle up near the fence.

      Richard Hubacek
    • Jerry White
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2014
        Yesterday (January 5, 2014) I went out to look for the Shrike that had been reported on the CBC the day before. The location is the Brush Creek area near the ocean that usually at this time of year is a marshy area. It is surrounded by fenced in pasture land. You have to walk about 15 minutes or so through the sand dunes north of the end of Bristol Road (which is accessed from Stoneboro Rd off of highway 1). This location is near Manchester on the Mendocino Coast.
        I was able to find and study the LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE around 9:00 AM. Earlier in the same area I had a single Tree Swallow fly over.   Jerry White