Yellow-Shafted Northern Flicker

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 6:45 PM
      4 April, 2009, Saturday--While birding at the Little River Airport today (11:30 AM. A flicker flew out of a drainage ditch to a tree very close to me. I noted the bird had yellow tail feathers, a black malar and a red nape crescent. Before I could get my camera out it flew off. Not having much experience with Yellow-Shafted Flickers I did not note the face and throat coloring. Did not see any red in the under-wing feathers but also didn't see any yellow due to angle of flight. The bird was in the North-west section of the airport.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River