Leucistic Amercan Robin

  • dottycala
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23 9:51 AM
      My neighbor photographed a Leucistic Amercan Robin in your area, and e-mailed the photo to me yesterday, asking for an ID. I have posted the photo in the photo area of Mendobirds in an album called Leucistic Amercan Robin. The photo was taken on March 2, 2009, 2:07 PM. Location: Mendocino County, 19870 Ridgeway Highway, Potter Valley, CA. That is about 6 miles outside Potter Valley. Or it is about 28 miles Northeast of Ukiah, out in the country on a dead-end road.

      I am curious to know whether anyone else on this list has seen it.

      Thanks!
      Dotty Calabrese
      Mountain View, CA
      Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society
    • George Chaniot
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23 11:57 AM
        About that same time Earl Preffer, a busdriver for Potter Valley Schools,
        reported seeing a white robin in about that same location. I went by once
        but didn't find it.

        George Chaniot
        Potter Valley, MEN, CA