Lake County

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 160 , Mar 16 10:14 AM
      The past two months have been a bit lackluster for gulls at Clearlake, so Doug Weidemann and I were surprised to tally 8.5 species on Sunday, including a 1st-cycle "NELSON'S" (GLAUCOUS X HERRING) GULL and an adult MEW GULL at Ray's Market (adjacent to Wal-Mart), and a 2nd-cycle WESTERN GULL at Austin Park. Among the several THAYER'S GULLS at Ray's Market was a pale-winged 1st-cycle gull resembling an Iceland Gull, but at this time of the year it was more likely a bleached Thayer's Gull. Although we birded around the lake the only noteworthy bird we saw was a COMMON MOORHEN found by Doug at the county park at Clearlake Oaks.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, CA
    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014