Burrowing Owl continues

  • Bob Keiffer
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2009
      8 March 2009 - Sunday - This afternoon the BURROWING OWL was still present where George Chaniot described it yesterday. For about five minutes it was totally out in the open, near a squirrel burrow just downhill from the rockpile by 25 feet or so. Then it walked into a depression and all I could see was the head. When I drove back by about an hour later it was again totally out in the open (5:00PM). You need a scope to really see this bird.

      A SAY'S PHOEBE was on the fence to the NE of the gate at the end of Burris Lane. About 100 American Pipits were seen about a mile beyond the gate (private property) but I could not find any other species mixed in like longspurs or red-throated pipits. Good Birding. Bob Keiffer

    • Lisa Walker (Feather)
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
        The Burrowing Owl I semi-reported last week continues on the mill property behind Glass Beach's Site #2, in the same location, near a low shrub on the property beyond the fenceline looking east from the south trail past the pipe.

      • Lisa Walker (Feather)
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
          I went back to Ward Avenue this morning and the Burrowing Owl continues on the driftwood pile......

        • Lisa Walker (Feather)
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2013
            My friend Sam reported today that the Burrowing Owl continues (she posted photos earlier today on this site) at Ward Avenue......he's been sitting in the ice plant on the opposite side, apparently digging a hole.

            Question: does anyone know if they might stay on and breed this year, or if they have in years past?