Al/Alice the Albatross update

  • point_of_fact
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6 5:11 PM
      Our favorite visitor has been around all week, sometimes in places you'd not expect... for whatever reason he's been bobbing about approx. 80 - 120 yards off the end of the pier, even in the channel on the south side.
      I was out in a one person Zodiac a couple of weeks ago and when he saw me he made quite an effort to paddle over about 30 yards to visit me and get a pat on the beak, almost like a pet; it sure would be interesting to place some sort of feather weight tracking device on him to see where he goes the rest of the year; wouldn't it be funny if he pulled a similar relationship w/ some friendly folks on Midway?
      Tom
    • Todd Easterla
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6 5:25 PM
        Hmmmmm,

        A zodiac pelagic and you were able to get Laysan Albatross not bad!

        Todd Easterla

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18 10:55 PM
          Well, shiver me timbers! After 3 days of no show, making us SURE he/she had flown the coop, who showed up in full color today but our favorite fryer, Al the Albatross... in one of his usual spots due north off end of the pier...

          Peace,
          Tom