North Cow Mt.

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2002
      This morning (Tues. 4/23) between 8:30 -9:15 I did some bird observing at a
      spot .6 mile up North Cow Mt. There were sage sparrow, blue-gray gnatcatcher
      and CA thrasher both visible and singing. Seen also were lazuli bunting and
      and an orange-crowned warbler very generously displaying his
      orange crown (first time I've seen that). Mountain quail and wrentits were
      heard.
      From Mill Cr. Rd. this spot is just a wide place on the N. Cow Mt. road .6
      mile up. The next good area (and somewhat flatter) starts at 1.2 miles from
      Mill Cr. (Avoid the pullout at .7 mile as a couple of boars were dumped
      there about 6 weeks ago and it smelleth strongly.... NO, worse than that,
      much worse.)
      Vishnu