USTP 2/28

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2009
      Greetings Mendobirders- Cheryl Watson, Geoff Heinecken, and I birded the
      Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant oxidation plant this morning. There were a
      few birds out there of local interest. We saw 2 BALD EAGLES (adult and
      imm) which are probably the same pair that have been seen along the river
      all winter from Hopland to Lake Mendocino. There was a DUNLIN mixed in
      with the Wilson's Snipe, Least Sandpiper, and Killdeer on the north
      pond. A BONAPARTE'S GULL landed briefly on the middle pond. Lots of TREE
      SWALLOWS are now active along the river and we spotted a single
      VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOW and a very early CLIFF SWALLOW mixed in.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...