An April Sunday

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 12:49 AM
      On Sunday morning 4/7/02 at the only mildly odoriferous Ukiah WWTP
      (wastewater treatment plant) I observed 2 BLACK-NECKED STILTSs (towards the
      western end of the middle pond), exactly 29 CANADIAN GEESE (in the northern
      pond), a MERLIN and a brilliantly plumaged COMMON YELLOWTHROAT. (Whoever
      first called a Yellowthroat "common" must have been either tired or blind.)
      A few hours later along the stretch of Big River that runs through
      Montgomery Woods I also saw a Dipper. This bird was near the bridge that is
      .3 mile east of the main Montgomery Woods parking area.
      Vishnu