Mendo Coast Gulls

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2009
      Whoops!

      It appears I should not be speculating online about "possible" identifications. My thinking was that by letting others know, the two "suspects" mentioned in my last post might be refound, and properly identified. But in retrospect this is not the format for that approach. mea culpa.

      To those of you (more than one) who have contacted me, be assured that if I discover a truly significant bird that I am sure of the appropriate phone calls will be made.

      cheers and good birding Jerry White

    • John Luther
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2009
        Hi Jerry and other Mendo birders,

        I disagree. I think it is great that you report possible birds and tell us
        that you are speculating. It gives everyone a chance to decide for them
        selves if they want to look for a bird and tells them what might be there.
        Often the birds that are "positively" identified either are not there
        because they flew away or were not identified correctly in the first place.
        So we always take a chance when we go looking for a bird.

        John