Bullock's Oriole and pox-footed Purple Finch

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2009
      15 February 2009- Two locally unusual sighting to report form my backyard today.
      A male Bullock's Oriole took a quick bath in my small pond but did not stay to feed.
      Also, seven Purple Finches were present, up from my usual two, but one of the males had such severe pox on both feet that he appeared to be wearing lamb's wool slippers.
      Dave Jensen, near Pudding Creek in Fort Bragg