RE: [Mendobirds] Continuing white throated sparrow

  • Barbara E. Dolan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2009
      I still have a visiting White-throated sparrow-tan stripe morph also. I
      also have a very crisp and darker than usual Purple Finch(male-female?)
      no reddish coloring. The Black-headed Grosbeak visited over the 7th and
      8th. It is appearing ragged with big white windows in outer tail
      feathers. I want to say maybe it is an older bird-scruffy cap and nape,
      and no feathers around the collar-gotta be cold. But it is feeding well
      and pushing HOFIs away to get to feed. bd