apologies on later report on Common Moorhen and Lewis Woodpecker

  • Barbara E. Dolan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2009
      On 2-01-09 Geoff Heinecken, Cheryl Watson and myself had nice looks at
      the single Lewis Woodpecker on Old River Road about mile marker 7.24
      going south on the road and at the previously described pull out. It
      flew across twice from the pole near the Blue Oak across the field to
      work another Oak on our right up the hill. The last time I saw this
      species here was 3/1996 and there were 3. Toby Tompkin had come over
      from the Coast. So nice to see this visitor here again. Geoff had his
      3rd look. On the return to Talmage, we viewed the Osprey nest along
      the river . Then I stopped for the Canvasbacks, then continued to
      Mendocino College ponds for the Common Moorhen. There were two. One
      with brown bill and maybe the first resider there?, and a second bird
      with a bright red breeding bill. The latter bird was being dominant and
      chasing off the other and not allowing nearness to occur. I meandered
      around for about an hour. I heard Virginia rail call as I went to leave
      but did not view. I had nice looks at Sora with one swimming
      by-behavior that was new for me to see. Gary Maddox came to photo and
      was able to see both also. Barbara

      WARNING: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify HIPAA@... by E-Mail and then destroy this communication in a manner appropriate for privileged information.