W. Lake County

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 12:44 PM
      Sun, 01 Feb 2009 -- This morning between 06:15 and 06:50 I found 2 NORTHERN
      PYGMY-OWLS, about 4 WESTERN SCREECH-OWLS, and a NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWL at
      several stops along Scott's Valley Road. At Rodman Slough there was a good
      variety of dabbling ducks in the flooded rice fields to the east including a
      male EURASIAN WIGEON. In the flooded fields along Route 20 at Bachelor
      Valley Road there was a male REDHEAD among some CANVASBACKS.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA