BNST at USTP 3/30

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: At 8 this am the BNST pair were still at the
      USTP. I found them easily on the western edge of the north oxidation
      pond. The workers out there told me the birds are hopping around between
      that area, the square sludge pond ("bubbler")
      on your right as you pass the plant buildings, and the long, rectangular
      drying pond on your left just past the bubbler. Of local interest were
      lots of ducks on the eastern end of the south pond, including a female
      Blue-winged Teal. Common Yellowthroats have arrived en masse as have,
      unfortunately, the Brown-headed Cowbirds that plague the river there.

      Chuck Vaughn

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive