early arrivals

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2001
      Jim Armstrong and I were talking, and there is apparently some general
      interest in tracking early arrivals of some of our regular migrants. I
      have kept a database over the years with dates going back to the 60s which
      Ollie Kolkmann has provided me. George Chaniot also has lots of early
      arrival data. So...here is what I have so far this year of birds which I
      am quite certain were not winter residents. Please let me know if you have
      earlier dates and be sure to provide dates for birds which haven't shown up
      yet so I can keep the Mendocino County database current.

      Thanks, Chuck Vaughn

      Tree Swallow 2/4 at USTP
      Violet-green Swallow 2/18 at USTP
      Allen's Hummingbird 2/28 at my feeders
      Northern Rough-winged Swallow 3/11 at USTP
      Orange-crowned Warbler 3/12 at HREC

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482