Black-necked Stilts at USTP

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2002
      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 -- This afternoon at 3PM, I spotted a pair of BLACK-NECKED
      STILTS at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant. The vocal pair were foraging
      near a group of 6 to 8 CANADA GEESE in the north pond for a while, then
      flew off to the small pond at the entrance to the plant. I spoke to one of
      the crew who said he'd noticed the birds earlier in the day.

      Other finds were SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER, the raggedy YELLOWLEGS, and 20 or
      so NORTHERN SHOVELERS.

      Cheryl Heinecken
    • richhubie
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2009
        7 April, 2009 Tuesday--After being dismissed from jury duty I decided to bird the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant before it rained. There were two Black-necked Stilts in the middle pond where some mud islands have appeared. Time was approx. 10:55 AM and they were still there when I left after it started raining.

        Richard Hubacek
        Little River