Lake Co. - Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Eurasian Wigeon

  • Kathryn Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2009
      This morning about 10:00, the YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER was in the
      small eucalyptus trees behind the northmost backstop on St. Francis at
      the Lakeside Park north of Kelseyville. The southmost tree is
      especially full of sapsucker wells. Also at the park was Mr. 16,000,
      John Luther, adding another bird to his amazing total.
      In the afternoon, the male EURASIAN WIGEON was still at Detert
      Reservoir on Butts Canyon Rd. Also, there was a LEWIS'S WOODPECKER at
      Mp 3.40 on Butts Canyon Rd.
      I missed the goose flock at Redbud Park in Clear Lake, and never did
      find them anywhere else. While looking for them at Anderson Marsh
      State Park, I saw a BLACK-SHOULDERED KITE.

      Kathy Parker
      Los Gatos