MacKerricher SP Birds - and Not

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2009
      Wed, 7 Jan 2009 -- Twice today, I tried for some birds along the coast
      in MacKerricher SP.  I had NO luck in finding a Rock Sandpiper nor the
      Palm Warbler at Laguna Point.  It became very foggy, so I could not
      scope offshore for any pelagic birds.

      Later this afternoon, I went to Ward Ave.  I did happen to have a light,
      hazy fog, so I did see one female LONG-TAILED DUCK and two
      BLACK SCOTERS.  (Two LTDU's were here a few days ago).

      NOTE:  This Saturday will be a very, high tide of 7.2 ft.  Lk Cleone
      is bloated from both creek inflow and the influence of the high tide.
      Water is about 1-2 inches over the low point of Mill Creek Dr going
      out to the Laguna Point parking lot.  The Lk Cleone parking lot is
      closed, as almost all of it is flooded.  So this Saturday, this road
      could be closed if the high tide raises the water level over the
      Lk Cleone outflow spot.  Hopefully, this will not happen.

      Karen A Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA