Barred Owls revisited

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2002
      On Sun. Mar. 24 from 7:30-8:15pm Vishnu heard at least 2 Barred Owls
      vociferously calling in Montgomery Woods .
      With a good amount of moonlight I hiked into the 2nd smaller KellieOwen(sp?)
      Grove . Almost as soon as I arrived there I heard 2 owls calling to each
      other from the direction I had just walked through. They sounded like they
      were probably in the 1st main grove or possibly somewhere in between. They
      were at a distance but very clear. 15 minutes later one of them (or possibly
      a third one) commenced calling the "who-cooks-for-you" call from only about
      200 ft away.
      I had no tapes with me and all calling stopped by 8:15 although I lingered
      until 8:45.