Palm Warbler, "Al" and Others - So Coast

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2009
      Sun, 4 Jan 2008 -- Geoff Heinecken w/ Karen Havlena ID'd a PALM WARBLER
      just NE of the Garcia River bridge.  I got the Palm in my scope, and in the excitement
      of seeing a very, close-up view, it got scared off as Cheryl Watson and Jim Havlena
      tried to get those good looks!
      The four of us also got to watch about 15 RED CROSSBILLS pry open pine cones
      on Stonboro Rd near Duxbury Rd.  This area is also a short distance north of the
      Garcia River in "south" Manchester.
      At Point Arena cove, we all got saw that "Al" the LAYSAN ALBATROSS has
      returned (after a short absense) to the north side of the harbor.

      On my drive home, I saw the pair of HOODED MERGANSERS at the Ledford
      House pond, SW of the Albion River bridge near Hwy 1.

      We tried for, but missed, the BLACK & WHITE WARBLER on S Windy Hollow
      Rd by Hathaway Creek.  Also, the two EURASIAN WIGEONS were not at
      the large puddle NE of the Garcia River bridge this morning.

      Karen A Havlena
      Fort Bragg, CA