Windy Birding

  • feather7023@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2009
      At MacKerricher:

      CA Brown Pelican
      California, Western and Herring Gulls
      White-crowned and Savannah Sparrows
      PALM WARBLER
      Turkey Vultures
      Northern Harrier
      Red-tailed Hawk
      American Coots
      what appeared to be a female Eurasian Wigeon (in Lake Cleone - might have been American; she flew off too fast).
      Brewer's Blackbirds
      Horned and Eared Grebes

      The Palm Warbler photo is posted at the Photos section.

      I met, by accident, Chuck Vaughn, George Chaniot and Matthew Matthiessen, scoping the Palm Warbler.

      thank you, gentlemen, for pointing out the bird to me. Sorry it wasn't a better shot.

      Feather