Hooded Mergansers on the Coast

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009
      Thur, 1 Jan 2009 -- There was a pair of HOODED MERGANSERS in a large
      pond, SW of Hay 1 and Albion Ridge Rd, adjacent to the Ledford House
      restaurant.
      We also saw an adult BALD EAGLE on Hwy 1, across the Eel River from
      an area between Piercy and Confusion Hill.  I'm a little confused on the
      exact location........We saw the eagle around noon, perched on a snag
      above the river.
      Further south, I spied a tagged Turkey Vulture -- # 95 -- just opposite the
      Westport STP on Hwy 1.

      (In my previous post, I of course meant to write 1 Jan 2009, not 2008).

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA