Grace's Wblr in MEN

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Thur, 1 Jan 2008 -- Late this afternoon, I saw the GRACE'S WARBLER
      on Rd. 500 D, just north of Jack Peter's Bridge.  When, Jim and I arrived,
      there was a large flock of Townsend's Wblrs, Pygmy Nuthatches, C-B
      Chickadees, Brown Creeper, and a few Yellow-rumps.
      IMPORTANT:
      NOTE: The call and the Grace's behavior are the BEST ways to locate the
      bird.  The call is a soft, VERY-slightly slurred, VERY-lightly down-curved
      "schlip."  The (possible female) behavior is very active.  It stays high in the
      canopy of the pines, but it also "fly-catches" in an upward, almost bouncing
      behavior, up and down.

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg, CA