Swallows at Lake Cleone

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
      1January 2009

      There was a group of 5 swallows this morning at Lake Cleone. Two were clearly Barn Swallows and one was probably a Tree Swallow. Other notable birds at Lake Cleone included an Osprey. At Ward Avenue the female Long-tailed Duck was present and Black Scoters outnumbered the Surf Scoters.

      Dave Jensen

    • feather7023@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
        So I wasn't hallucinating to see a smallish flock of swallows flying over Virgin Creek beach this afternoon! I thought for sure I saw at least two male Barn Swallows. . .fascinating.

        Thanks for confirmation,
        Feather