Grace's Warbler Refound

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Thur. 1 January, 2009--The Grace's Warbler reported yesterday was
      refound by several birders today is the same general area. Toby and
      myself met up with Jerry White and we followed the mixed flock. The
      Grace's Warbler is associating with Townsend's Warblers which makes it
      hard to differentiate unless you get good looks. It appears to be more
      active and has a softer chip call then the Townsend's. Two other
      birders, Steve Rovell and Rich Trissel, independently confirmed the
      sighting.Our location again was Road 500D just north of the City of
      Mendocino. Follow the road to the end, turn around and come back around
      the first curve, and park. There are several trails leading west out to
      a small peninsula, where we found the bird.

      There is speculation that the bird might have been there for sometime
      and could remain for the Winter.

      Happy New year!!
      Richard Hubacek