Gull search

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2008
      Today I took an hour for lunch and looked for the Lesser Black-backed Gull in the Clearlake area. No Luck.
      There were a large number of gulls at Redbud and also at the (Clearlake) Eastlake Landfill.

      While at the landfill I talked with the landfill supervisor who said that trespassing was an ongoing problem at their property and that in some cases the trespassers were birders (including me today, as I went to a location that I thought would be OK ). I told him I would post a reminder to birders not to enter the property.
      The bird, if present, can usually be picked out with a scope from the road above.

      However, much searching on Saturday and Sunday and my quick look today has not turned up the bird.
      Jerry White