Laguna Pt & Ward Ave - MacKerricher SP

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2008
      Sat, 6 December 2008 -- A BLACK SCOTER and a RED-NECKED
      GREBE were off the north end of Ward Ave in Cleone. (Earlier in the
      week, 8 Black Scoters were seen here by Toby Tobkin).

      It was another calm, crystal clear day at Laguna Point, with almost
      no swell on the ocean.  There were two additional RED-NECKED
      GREBES in the cove.  After scoping a few minutes from the point's
      observation deck, I spotted 5 small alcids at the edge of the kelp.
      One was a MARBLED MURRELET.  The others disappeared below
      the surface.  After 1/2 hour, I finally saw 5 small alcids again. One
      was a/the MARBLED MURRELET, 3 were ANCIENT MURRELETS
      (289 for the year), and 1 was a CASSIN'S AUKLET.

      Karen A Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA