Snow Goose at Lake Mendocino

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2008
      Thu, 04 Dec 2008 -- This morning there was an adult SNOW GOOSE at the south
      boat ramp at Lake Mendocino feeding on dry bread among the domestic geese
      and "soup ducks." It was a nice view at close range if you want to study
      the details of the black "gums." Across the lake were a few CACKLING GEESE
      among the many honkers.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • sauntergs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2012
        This afternoon I saw a SNOW GOOSE leading 4 Canada geese flying north along the eastern shore of Lake Mendocino. When I was on the north end of the lake near the North Boat Ramp latter in the afternoon the snow goose called as it flew south with one Canada goose as the other three Canada geese also flew. The 5 geese met over the lake and flew together towards the southeast.
        Steve Grams