the possible gyrfalcon

  • katemarianchild
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2008
      This came today from Don Sanderson:

      Thanks Kate and all. It flew over Marlene yesterday morning, so it's
      still around, but it is extremely unlikely I'm going to be able to do
      the bushwhacking necessary to film it, even if I had an adequate camera.
      Sorry. Whatever it is, it is surely not a peregrine, several of which
      we've seen in the valley over the past few years. It is much larger and
      its call is much deeper. It flies straight, hasn't been seen to soar,
      and has dark underwings.

      Don