Geese at Lake Cleone 12/2/08

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2008
      Tue, 2 December '08 -- Toby Tobkin called to report an apparent
      hybrid Snow X Ross's Goose at Lk Cleone, MacKerricher SP.  I
      drove down to see it.  It was alone when Toby saw it, but it was
      with an imm Gtr White-fronted Goose and a Cackling Goose (or
      quite small) Canada Goose when I arrived.
      The white goose looked mostly like a Ross's, but it was the same
      size as the other two geese, and it had a narrow black mark on
      the gape of its bill.

      For Dorothy "Toby" Tobkin
      (Karen Havlena)
      Fort Bragg, CA