Fall reports due

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      1 December 2008 - The fall report period for bird observations has
      come to a close.

      The fall report period is the longest seasonal period - comprised
      of August, September, October, and November. It is also one of the
      most complex due to
      the mass fall migrations from the north ...shorebirds, raptors,
      passerines, etc. I will soon be summarizing the significant
      Mendocino County bird
      observations for these months and then submitting them to the
      Northern California sub-regional editors for North American Birds.
      If you wish to submit any previously UNREPORTED sightings, or submit
      personal summaries, then send them directly to rjkeiffer@...
      or mail them to the address near my signature, before December 10th.

      If the sighting was already posted on Mendobirds then I have it
      already, but I gladly accept summaries from observers. If you saw a
      rare or unusual
      bird that was discovered by someone else, then please note who the
      original "finder" was.

      Again, a kind reminder for those posting messages on Mendobirds
      ....if you begin the message with the full date (like 1 December
      2008) and end the message
      your full name and maybe contact info (phone and/or email) ....then
      it makes it MUCH easier for me to conserve on ink, printed space and
      time when I print them for the hard-copy files.

      Thanks. Good birding. Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center