Canyon Wren

  • Jim Armstrong
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2008
      A few weeks ago Karen posted a recommendation to make regular visits
      to the Gallery on the Peregrine Web Page and it is worth doing.
      Today I found the Round Valley trip report and I have to say that
      Matthew's photo of the Canyon Wren is one of the best bird pictures I
      have seen.
    • stevestump
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8 10:01 PM
        3-8-14 1155

        Today on a non-birding trip to Covelo, I stopped by the Dos Rios bridge to look for the Canyon Wren that was found November 17 2013 on the Peregrine Audubon trip. The bird was found in the exact same spot, even the same rock that it was on in November. Pic on link below
        I was looking for Swifts also but did not find any (or swallows).

         It would seem early but I am pretty sure I was hearing a Cassin's Vireo in the nearby trees also. Steve Stump