migrating empid ?

  • J Rosen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2008
      A few minutes ago, while my binocs were focused on a red breasted sapsucker in my apple tree, something darted in/out of the field of vision at an angle I couldn't follow. The gestalt impression was empid (pale drab grey/olive with a pronounced pale yellow chin or bib area, definite eyering but couldn't tell if full or broken, wing bars); I know they are supposed to be away for the winter so wondered if it was an empid is there a particular species more likely to still be here before heading south?
      Many thanks!
      Janet Rosen
      Zanshin Art
      "When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor are hungry they call me a communist" - Helder Camara